Monday, May 22, 2006

My 1st year @ MBA

A MBA is so common now a days in India that after a few more years it would probably lose its charm. Before I joined my alma matter a year back I had never thought of doing MBA that too from one of the top b schools in India. Even now I do not know how I have landed here and if it has added any value to my life except probabaly and hopefully when I vie for a job in some corporate houses next year. But it has taught me something other than academics in life. It has presented life to me as a tuffer proposition than I thought and challenged me to come out with flying colours. Time would tell if I have succeded in doing that but I have till now enjoyed my journey here.
So much has been written and said (U cud find n number of blogs also) about life of any B-school graduate that there is nothing new to be added. Yet the fact that life presents itself differently to different people makes it all the more interesting to us. And this is where I can add value.

Yuppiee...I have already started using MBA lingo. This is one area where all MBAs could not desist temselves. Hence no apology.

My first year started with tests,quizzes and assignments. As the time progressed only the volume and frequency of these things increased and pour souls like me, who have spend their whole past life (including engg degree years) without even knowing what an assignment means started worrying about submissions, deadlines and GPAs. Thank god that I knew swimming else drowning would have been the inevitable under this pressure.

Even though I had decent results, I never knew that I was such a hopeless student until the concept of relative grading bombed before me and before I could realize or react I had alrady joined the rat race to beat my fellow class mates (though I was unsuccessful in beating most of them). I have hated this concept of result throughout my life as I always thought that teachers never gave me marks that I wanted and never realized what did they do with those marks they took away from me.

The day used to start at 8 o'clock in the morning and end was nowhere near the usual sleeping times. We were constantly getting sandwiched between exams and submissions and the only time we used to sleep was during the lectures. It meant that we never heard what was taught and hence it became compulsory to stay awake till late night to catch up with the prof. No wonder that still we do not know the city very well except few resturants and multiplexes. If I had given half the effort during my engg days that I have been forced to during the past 1 year, I would have broken all academic records there. So much so for something which was not planned in my life. No wonder people with meticulous plans succed in life.

Other than normal study we had to do a lot of other works. All students were part of some activity commitee or the other and these things were graded. Hence no escape during weekends too. I have probably looked at the calender only three - four times during the last 1 year. I only realised that I have grown older when the results came out a few days back.

People work here harder than they could have imagined in worst dreams yet there are cases of failures and not so good results. They have tried as much hard as we have but probably luck was not with them. I realised how lucky I was when I saw the admissions of my juniors and even luckier that till now I have sailed through without any hiccups.

God must have been partial to me during the unplanned journey of my life. Now I need to know how to thank god in simple terms because I have forgot simple speaking and jargon less chattings.

Hope thy god remains with me throughout this journey to bring me back where I was as a person before I came here...

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 2:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

amazing stambhit.
you write really well

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home